WHAT DO YOU LEARN DURING THE AYURVEDA NUTRITION COURSE?
What can Ayurvedic nutrition mean in the fast-paced modern Western life? Within this Ayurveda Nutrition Course, you are to find out. During this course you’ll dive deep into the basics of classical Ayurvedic nutrition and understand how this holistic and healthy lifestyle can help you on a daily basis.
Ayurveda has a long history of knowledge that we’ve translated in a more accessible way for you. The main goal? Understanding Ayurvedic nutrition by following an in-depth training and implementing these principles in your own daily life and diet. You will also learn how to give simple and profound advice to family and friends.
Because we value traditions and the traditional way of learning Ayurveda, our classes start with singing a mantra together. This way we create the optimal learning atmosphere and spread the traditions around an Ayurvedic lifestyle.
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE COURSE TAKE PLACE?
The Ayurveda Nutrition Course is a 10-day training spread over 7 months. It combines eight classroom days with self-study at home and two fun cooking days where you put everything you’ve learned into practice. The course amounts to 60 contact hours, plus 120 hours of self-study spread throughout the duration of the course.
The theory classes are held at YogaToday in Weesp, whereas the cooking sessions will take place at Peter Pan Cooking Studio in Amsterdam. All classes will start at 10.00 and end at 17.00. Theory classes can also be attended on ZOOM.
Our next course will start on 12 January 2024 and will continue on the following dates:
- 26 January 2024
- 9 February 2024
- 16 February 2024 – Cooking Day!!
- 1 March 2024
- 22 March 2024
- 5 April 2024 – Cooking Day!!
- 26 April 2024
- 3 May 2024
- 17 May 2024
WHAT’S THE PRICE?
The Nutrition course has a cost of Euro 1.175. Additionally, you will need to purchase the following material:
- Ayurvedic Nutrition – Vaidya Atreya Smith
- Prakriti – Robert Svoboda
- Food as a medicine – Todd Caldecott (Additional but not obligatory)
To secure your spot fill in this form!
IS THE NUTRITION COURSE FOR ME?
This course is for those who want to implement Ayurvedic nutrition principles in their daily lives or that of friends and family. For qualified health professionals who actively work with clients: this course serves as a great addition to integrate the knowledge of Ayurvedic nutrition into your professional life.
Yoga & Ayurveda are complementary sciences – often referred to as sister sciences. This course can also be of added value for yoga teachers wanting to inform their students about basic Ayurvedic principles regarding nutrition.
ARE THERE ANY REQUIREMENTS?
Apart from an enthusiasm for Ayurveda Nutrition no previous experience with Ayurveda is required to join this course. Teaching days include theory and supportive assignments to help you reflect on the knowledge and integrate in your life what you have learned in class.
WILL I GET A CERTIFICATE?
By the end of the course you will get a certificate of attendance of 60 hours Ayurveda Nutrition Course. To obtain the certificate of attendance you have to complete:
- The online assignments, to be made at home
- A class presentation with a small group of students
- Written case study
WHAT WILL I KNOW AFTER JOINING THIS COURSE?
In the end, you have a profound understanding of Ayurvedic nutrition and how to create a healthy diet based on your doshas. You will have the confidence to advise your family and friends about Ayurvedic nutrition based on their doshas. You get a lot of knowledge on Indian as well as Western recipes and can easily and with joy apply Ayurvedic principles in any way of cooking.
Besides that, you will walk out of this course with the knowledge of:
- The Tridosha theory (Vata, Pitta, Kapha)
- The five elements (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Ether)
- The six tastes (Rasa)
- The doshas throughout the day, year, and life
- Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas and the energetic qualities of food
- The important principles of Ayurveda nutrition, valid for all people
- How to apply the Tridosha theory to a person (physical and psychological)
- How to know which type you are – Ayurvedic diagnosis
- What food to eat and how it can affect the digestive process
- How to avoid the dangers of dieting and food fads (popular diets)
- How to eat according to your metabolic capacity
- The Ayurvedic perspective of food groups; fruits, vegetables, grains, oils, spices, herbs, etc.
- Why eating a low-protein diet is key to health
- What to do about environmental pollutants
- How to lose weight permanently by increasing metabolic function through Ayurveda
- Lifestyle and daily routine as nutritional support
- Dietary supplements – myths, facts, and traditions
- Increasing immunity through diet
- Practical experience and learning how to give simple and effective advice to people around you