What do you learn during our Ayurvedic Nutrition Course?
What can Ayurvedic Nutrition mean in the fast-paced modern Western life? Within this Ayurvedic Nutrition Course, you are to find out. During the course we’re diving deep into the basics of classical Ayurvedic Nutrition and how this holistic and healthy lifestyle can help you on a daily basis. It translates what is known from ancient times into what is currently needed.
In modern nutrition, it is easy to get lost in translation. Ayurveda has a long history of knowledge that we’ve translated in a more modern manner in this course. Issues you face are addressed in this workshop from a modern Ayurvedic perspective. The main goal? Understanding Ayurvedic nutrition by following an in-depth training and how to implement these Ayurvedic principles in your own daily life and diet. You will also learn how to give simple and profound advice to family and friends.
The Ayurvedic Nutrition Course Program
Because we value traditions and the traditional way of learning Ayurveda, our classes start with singing a mantra together. This way we create the optimal learning atmosphere and spread the traditions around an Ayurvedic lifestyle. Teaching days include theory and supportive assignments to help you reflect on the knowledge and integrate what you have learned into your daily life.
So what do you know after joining the Nutrition course?
In the end, you have a profound understanding of Ayurvedic nutrition and how to create a healthy diet based on your doshas. You will have the confidence to advise your family and friends about Ayurvedic nutrition based on their doshas. You get a lot of knowledge on Indian as well as Western recipes and can easily and with joy apply Ayurvedic principles in any way of cooking.
Besides that, you will walk out of this course with the knowledge of:
- The Tridosha theory (Vata, Pitta, Kapha)
- The five elements (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Ether)
- The six tastes (Rasa)
- The doshas throughout the day, year, and life
- Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas and the energetic qualities of food
- The important principles of Ayurveda nutrition, valid for all people
- How to apply the Tridosha theory to a person (physical and psychological)
- How to know which type you are – Ayurvedic diagnosis
- What food to eat and how it can affect the digestive process
- How to avoid the dangers of dieting and food fads (popular diets)
- How to eat according to your metabolic capacity
- The Ayurvedic perspective of food groups; fruits, vegetables, grains, oils, spices, herbs, etc.
- Why eating a low-protein diet is key to health
- What to do about environmental pollutants
- How to lose weight permanently by increasing metabolic function through Ayurveda
- Lifestyle and daily routine as nutritional support
- Dietary supplements – myths, facts, and traditions
- Increasing immunity through diet
- Practical experience and learning how to give simple and effective advice to people around you
Dates for the next Ayurveda Nutrition course
This workshop is a 10-day training spread over 7 months. You have eight classroom days and two cooking days where you put everything you’ve learned into practice.
These are the dates:
- 12 January 2024
- 26 January 2024
- 9 February 2024
- 16 February 2024 – Cooking Day
- 1 March 2024
- 22 March 2024
- 5 April 2024 – Cooking Day
- 19 April 2024
- 26 April 2024
- 17 May 2024
The Nutrition course has a cost of Euro 1.175. To book, send an email to email@example.com
Is this nutrition course for you?
This course is for those who want to implement Ayurvedic principles regarding nutrition in their daily lives or that of friends and family. For qualified health professionals who actively work with clients: this course serves as a great addition to integrate the knowledge of Ayurvedic nutrition into your professional life.
Yoga & Ayurveda are complementary sciences – often referred to as sister sciences. This course can also be of added value for yoga teachers wanting to inform their students about basic Ayurvedic principles regarding nutrition.
This course is taught by Liese van Dam, and combines classroom hours with self-study at home and 2 fun hands-on training days in a cooking studio where you will experience Ayurvedic cooking yourself.
Apart from an enthusiasm for Ayurveda Nutrition, no previous experience with Ayurveda is required to join this course. This course includes a total of 60 contact hours taught in 10 days from 10.00 to 17.00, plus 120 hours of self-study spread throughout the duration of the course.
Upon successful completion, a certificate of attendance of 60 hours Ayurvedic Nutrition Course in Ayurveda Studies will be awarded from Ayurveda Academy The Netherlands.
To obtain the certificate of attendance you have to complete:
- The online assignments, to be made at home
- A class presentation with a small group of students
- Written case study
You will need to purchase two books:
- Ayurvedic Nutrition – Vaidya Atreya Smith
- Prakriti – Robert Svoboda
- Additional but not obligatory: Food as a medicine – Todd Caldecott